Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Northern adventures

well y'all, I return from the cold northern lands happy but tired. I had a top weekend seeing my lady love, we had an accidental mini party on sunday night, lots of beer and catching up with good friends. Nice as pie.

Amy is going to have a party on the 18th, and they're all saying 'come play with us, we are pretty ladies in the northern lands, come and warm us with you silken hands' etc, but I don't think I should really, it's not like i can offer them long term security or anything, and running a harem is so not cost effective these days.

No one has been forthcoming with good books so I had to rely on one we found under a car on a street in leeds whilst drunken. (always a sure fire indicator of literary trouble...) I read some of it on the way down and I nearly died of boredom. I can't even remember who it's about, but he was a nasty pasty who did corrupt political stuff in the 50's and 60's, campaigned vigorously against homosexuality yet was a big gay himself what died of aids. wrong! ( my bigottedness is in jest yeah?) I found the Davinci code at silks tho now, so I'm reading that. thank god for easy reading, perfect tube fodder.

Had a super lovely email from the Hollster, she bin done good and got her a man. Everything is shiny and special in her life, and she told me all about it and it made me smile. I love communication and it's potential, so all you slackers, tell me good stuff, make it up.

work today is tedious in the extreme, picking up the pieces after being away for two days always preoccupies the beginning of the day, lots of stinky rota issues but all very boring.

Today I like;

neatly trimmed finger nails
the rebel alliance
procrastination.com
little cheesy biscuits that have been left in the sun till they go all sweaty and soft
para military traffic wardens
ochre
cheerleaders
muffs
Joseph Chadbourne Jacobs esq.
daydreaming about all of the above at the same time


The Cock list

stopping Roger Black (of olympic gold medal fame) from getting a parking ticket and driving his lovely merc.


Pic of the day

If you type 'reciprocal' you get this one. It make mys eyes happys.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good book meant for young people, accessible to adults: Book Without Words by Avi, set in medieval England, accurate historical context, female protagonist, good read for 8 to 88. Joe J.

4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home